Are you an independent person? Are do you rely on the opinion of others before you take a course of action for your self? The independent person is confident within their self that no matter what you advise they will rely on their summation of facts and the voice with in them. They are willing to take the risk and fail even if they were wrong. They do not sit around and wait for someone else to do the action.
The co-dependent person is afraid to take a course of action without the approval of someone else. I feel for people who are in codependent relationships, because they have deceived them selves that everyone else is right and they are wrong!
Do you have notice any of these signs in your life?
- Does your sense of worth involve making extreme sacrifices to satisfy your partner’s or other’s needs?
- Is it difficult to say no when your partner, friends or family makes demands on your time and energy?
- Do you cover your partner’s problems with excuses?
- Do you constantly worry about others’ opinions of you?
- Do you feel trapped in your relationship or job?
- Do you keep quiet to avoid arguments?
Change is possible, but you have to do the work. You go see a therapist, counselor, pastor or whomever, they can point the area where you having problems, but the choice to change is from your heart. Your feelings are deceiving and will constantly try to judge you or condemn for making the right choices. You have to tell your feelings to shut up! You may have to shut the door and answer the calls of some people. This may feel mean to you, but it’s not, your goal is to live independent, healthy and free.
You can live a independent and free life, it is not out of reach. Fly like the eagle and soar.