Exercising with Limited Mobility is a must thing to do. The body we have demands movement. The movement is medicine to the body and soul. Just because we may find ourselves with limited mobility and range of motion does not me we should not exercise. I had 3 life experiences that gave me a temporary limited mobility status.
- Prostate Cancer Surgery – It wiped me out, I had no energy or strength but I did what I could while being seated. It took me 6 months to recover back to my familiar state doing standing exercise.
- Spinal Cord Surgery – Again I had to sit exercise and get fit for about 6 months until I could get back to my familiar state doing standing exercise.
- Lower Back Injury – I had to give up long distance running permanently! I thought I had to give up dance too, but again after about two years of just walking and doing seated exercise, one day I decided to try to do other standing exercise and to my surprise I was able to. But I learned what my threshold was not to re-injury myself.
Perhaps your limited ability is with you for the rest of your life. You will have to, if you have not already embrace it and do seated exercise to best of your ability. Your body will thank you for that. You will need to try various seated chair exercise and see which one works best for you. Never let your limited mobility stand in the way of you loving yourself. Movement is medicine to the body and soul. You can find seated chair exercises videos Free:
- Roku TV – ChairFitnessWorkouts – Channel
- Amazon Fire TV – ChairFitnessWorkouts – Free App
- Paul Eugene – You Tube Channel.